Chair Diana St. James email@example.com
Caltech Playreaders: Theater of the Imagination
Playreaders perform staged script-in-hand readings before an audience of Caltech/JPL/Huntington friends, meeting six times during the academic year in the Athenaeum. We introduce the play briefly, setting the stage with intriguing background information, and inspiring informal discussion after the reading. Readings generally generally run about two hours. After the performance, all are welcome to join us for sherry, refreshments, and convivial discussion between audience and cast.
No reservations are needed to attend the reading, but are requested for those planning on dining at the The Athenaeum beforehand (reservations 626/395-8200). You are welcome to join The Playreaders table, which is seated promptly at 6:00 pm to make the 7:30 pm curtain time. The table need not be full before ordering.
Admission for Caltech Women’s Club (CWC) members is $3, and $4 for all others.
Additional contact Information
If you would like to read a part, please introduce yourself to our casting coordinators:
For membership questions, please contact Arden Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
Projected 2016-17 Season:
- October 16 The Inspector General, by Nikolai Gogol. Directed by Mark Kozlowski
- November 15 Steel Magnolias, by Robert Harling. Directed by Will Ahrens
- February 7, 2017 Pierre and Marie, adapted by Ron Clark from Les Palmes de Monsieur Schultz, by Jean Noel Fenwick. Directed by Joanne Doyle; Assistant Director Ashley Stroupe
- March 7 Broadway Bound, by Neil Simon. Directed by Rob Stirbl
- April 4 The Cassilis Engagement¸ by St. John Hankin. Directed by Lynn McGrath
- May 2 A View from the Bridge, by Arthur Miller. Directed by John Davidson Stroupe